Thursday 31 March 2016

What is your worst flying experience- Flight delays and airport horror stories

I decided to spend my easter celebration at Abuja with Doc, honestly, it was a relief to get away from Lagos, the stress and family (which consists of just my younger brother who has been quite a handful since he returned from school), the change of environment was very necessary as I was almost at breaking point. I booked a return flight with Medview airlines and my flight was scheduled for 5:30 pm on Good Friday. This meant I'd miss Good Friday service by 3pm and I haven't done that in years. I arrived the airport just in time for check in and I read a book on Wattpad (it's an awesome app that features new writers with a wide range of genres)

My flight was moved to 6:45 on my boarding pass, but I decided to stay calm, 6 o clock boarding time and no word from the airline, 7 o clock, still no announcements, reschedules or cancellations, I was getting quite irritated, 9pm and they called a Medview flight to Abuja but not our flight, all hell broke loose, I stayed quiet, I just wanted to be on my way so I watched the scene from behind, apparently the flight that was boarding was supposed to drop those passengers and return by 10:30. 10:30 PM!!!! I got to the Airport by 4pm and I was to live by 10:30? I started thinking happy thoughts, I envisioned the sleep and rest to come with a  lot of TLC, I even imagined slapping the bejesus out of the attendant who was threatening to beat a nursing mother, just happy thoughts all round. In the end, I learned a few survival skills

How to survive a 6-hour delay at the airport

Mix up and make new friends

I met the pretty lady and this really troublesome but funny man and they kept us entertained while the airline scuttled to get us a filling dinner of meat pie and soda. He was with three of his friends and he cracked jokes and had us all in stitches. The lady beside me got a lot of compliments on her kimono. I'm working on getting one myself, it was very lovely.

Read a book 
You could read a book, with happy thoughts in you head, it could be worse. Let the will of God take its course.

Always stay positive
This so far was my worst experience with any airline but I managed to say a few positive words to some aggrieved passenger to sort of put a smile on their faces. A nice word could go a long way.

I arrived Abuja 15 minutes After 11 and didn't wake up till 11 am the next day. But I resolved never to fly that airline again. Unfortunately it was a return flight, I didn't have a choice. Last time I promised. lol





No comments: