Friday 18 March 2016

So your outfit looks too bland, what next?

 
I don't know about you but I'm constantly trying to get more wear out of my clothes and I hear people say it's really difficult to keep their outfits interesting. Honestly, it wasn't always easy for me until I surrounded myself with stylish people (On Instagram) who I draw inspiration from. You can't know everything, that's why it's imperative to search for inspiration from different sources, if you see it, you like it, why not try it? Here are a few ways to keep your fashion interesting.

 
Wear tops as blouses: It's a sure fire way to not just get more wear out of your clothes, but also to keep it very interesting. Have a body con dress tucked into your skirt like I did and if it happens to be buttoned down, wear it as a cape. You can undo all the buttons and belt yours, I wore this to work so I needed to maintain the balance between stylish and work appropriate. 

 
Challenge yourself to go from day to night: It's a Friday and I love to have a good night out with my girls at the end of a stressful week, this outfit could easily do it for me. All I need do is take off my skirt and maybe change my heels if I want to. You too could also tow this route by tucking your mini slip dress into a pencil skirt and pairing with a blazer or swapping your flats/sneakers with a pair of heels and undoing a few more buttons for effect, *wink*

 
Add a pop of colour: I love how I kept the outfit quite simple and toted my red handbag, colour gives life to your outfits, and have you noticed that bright colours make you happy? I agree. Make your outfits more interesting by throwing in an element/burst of colour.

 
Heels Heels Heels: Heels are a necessary evil but not a compulsory one. I love the way they boost your walk and give you a strut, they help with confidence too as you stand taller. When your outfits feel bland, don a pair of heels, in black for the not too courageous, or in a neon tone for those who are trying to draw attention away from themselves to their shoes.

 
Finally, be wholly and unapologetically you, don't be swayed by standards, after all style is relative, no one decides what's appropriate for you except you. 
Stay confident, stay stylish, stay blessed.
TGIF
XOXO 

No comments: