Friday 26 February 2016

Boxy Sihouettes: How to get comfortable in outfits you're not so comfortable in

I planned to attend social media week yesterday, so I styled my pants with this sequined embellished blouse. I must confess it wasn't my first choice, I planned to wear it with a fitted shirt, but it didn't feel right. I then decided to try this on, though I did feel a bit shiny at work but who cares. I had two problems. I might like boxy silhouettes but sometimes they can make you feel unflattering. I always wear a fitted piece when I wear boxy clothes but the pants were loose and so was the blouse, I looked uncomfortably into the mirror but I was already late for work so I couldn't change it. There are three  things I do when don't feel comfortable in my outfits.


  
1) I wear heels- There is a feeling you get when you wear a fly pair of heels, they improve your walk and boost your confidence. So even when think you're getting funny looks, don't worry, they are only admiring you.

 
2) Colours that pop: Bright colours have a way of improving your mood. When you feel uncomfortable, get a bright coloured purse, lipstick or accessory that draws attention away from your outfit.



 
3) Look at me bags: This also helps shift attention away from you. You might not like your outfit, but people will surely compliment you and your bag. I left my purse at home so I turned my camera pouch into my makeshift bag for the event. I used the card of my church bulletin to line it so that it had some structure, I stuffed my things in and off I went. This was a very happy outfit for me o. Wink*


 
I hope this helps. What's most important is to remain confident, no matter what you wear. Confidence can turn any drab outfit into a fab one. Any more suggestions guys?





No comments: