Wednesday 30 March 2016

How to get away with wearing shorts to the office





People who know me well know that I do not like corporate outfits and I don't own up to 5 shirts. Unfortunately. The great thing about not working in a bank or an audit company which, correct me if I'm wrong, have the strictest dress codes, is that your work outfits can be more creative and fun. I wore a pair of cotton shorts to work which with a shirt and sneakers would have been very Friday appropriate, (on a second thought, I should try that) But it's obviously not Friday, and I didn't want to look too lax, so I threw on the one piece that can make any outfit work appropriate. A BLAZER.




There are two ways to wear shorts to work without drawing blank stares- Watch the length, and wear a blazer or a shirt; structured pieces dress up your outfits instantly. But In the end I felt like I should have worn pumps or shoes, as the sandals, though gorgeous, looked too simple.

I got this beige blazer from @SoulorangeVintage, yes I buy a lot of her stuff, just because she sells the best vintage ever, and she's affordable, and I'm cheap on a budget. I digress. The blazer is very structured but can still function as semi-formal or even dressed down casual. I must confess though, the arms are quite tight, so I cannot roll up the sleeves but who cares. It looks great!




Whenever you feel like wearing something that might not exactly be work appropriate, throw on a blazer and it's fixed


Do you think this works for all outfits? I think so

Oh and I got those gorgeous shoes from stylecentric.com and the delivery was prompt! (except for the delivery guy who was quite... Unaccomodating )

No comments: