Monday 1 December 2014

Trend alerts; ponchos capes and kimonos pt 2




Today's post is a continuation of the previous post on ponchos. Today we are focusing on kimonos. 
Kimonos are trending now really good and as you can see in the previous post, I am buying into the trend already. I see it basically as an informal blazer to be honest but I came to see that it's not exactly so. Because sometimes you wear it and it just doesn't feel right. A blazer has always felt right to me, I thought to myself one day....lol



 Now here is my take on how to rock the kimono


* if you aren't too fashion foward I'd advice you buy the plain kimonos , that way your working with solid colors which make your life easier for you. But if you want to be daring, go for patterned kimonos, and work according to the pattern. Blend in the pieces with solid colors.. I don't think print on print applies here but hey, I could be wrong.



* as basic as this piece is, you'll get a lot of stares saying 'what is she wearing' seeing as it's not in the open market yet, so you'll need a lot of confidence to rock this piece and stare them back down



* proportions don't matter! wether your kimono is longer or shorter than your outfit! I have come to realize that it works either way. 

*have you thought about belting your kimono? You should try it


From me I'll say 'say yes to the kimono' but wear what makes you feel comfortable and confident

Remember.... Keep it classy

All images via pintrest

For emails, enquiries or suggestions, drop me a line at victoriaosuagwu2@gmail.com...
Would love to hear from you

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I need me one of these! Perfect for the forever summer Nigerian weather!