Monday 1 December 2014

Affordable fashion and the trendy kimono



Affordable fashion.... This is more than trends or labels, it's the ability to put into consideration your financial capabilities and your wardrobe requirements. (Sounds boring yh?) . I see myself as stylish sometimes but unfortunately what's a broke fashionista to do than literarily cut my coat according to my side. Let's be honest, for those in school, you guys got it good, but for those of us in the unemployment line or even those employed have a lot of considerations n prioritizations to make as regards our wardrobe choices. Let's face if not all of us can afford original Loubs and givenchy bags but with the right amount we could buy really pretty quality nameless things without having to pay in installments over months for things you can barely afford. 
Fashion is what you wear and style us how you wear it thus  Designer labels don't show style, they just put you among the few people who own them and are wondering if yours are fake or orijo..lol
But fact is, we can stylishly reuse and recycle even the oldest of shoes, the internet is a source of unlimited information, no one buys manuals anymore, people are sharing information on youtube, there is one somewhere that shows you how to refashion your shoes and clothes FIND IT! Leave within your means, buy what you can afford, and ROCK IT.


On my outfit today; the trendy kimono


I wore this to church yesterday, and I must tell you, I live for trends, I won't be all sass and say I don't do trends... I love trends. Trends are the evidence of the evolution of fashion. How to rock the trend? That's where the style comes in *wink*
Today am rocking a kimono!! Yes it on the trend alert list of tomorrow's topic... It was difficult to style this kimono I tell ya. Coupled with the fact that my leggins were missing, I don't really wear short things and it just decided not to match anything in my wardrobe until yesterday. Lol.... 
It gives you a superman cape swag when you walk by and you can't help but hold your head high n strut. 
The red blouse was a go to choice because I wanted it to match the white and black of the fabric, I tried on black shoes and they looked bleh until I tried on white.

My blouse is from soul orange vintage @soulorangevintage on Instagram, mom got me the skirt and the shoes are nameless

You can rock your kimono with shorts or leggins and a crop top, also with a pencil skirt like mine or even a dresss. The technicality is in matching the colors patterns and fabric..  I hope to rerock this again but on a different scale, a bit more dressed down. But we'll see












Have a fab week guys and remember....
Keep it classy 



For emails, enquiries or suggestions, drop me a line at victoriaosuagwu2@gmail.com...
Would love to hear from you


1 comment:

Ambimmac said...

Go girl, you rock.