Tuesday 12 April 2016

How would you wear this umbrella dress? Belted or not?




I had a wedding last weekend and I have had the idea of an umbrella dress somewhere in my head for a long time now, just for the heck of it. It's no secret I really like boxy silhouettes and this would have been just another dress for me. In short form, my mom hates the dress, my cousin felt it was too simple, my tailor made it quite bland. Regardless I got dressed and as I was headed out, Chioma suggested I styled it with a belt. I felt it won't be a bad idea, so I did. It looked great. I twirled and posed for my pictures, I loved it. But when I looked at my LCD, I knew I wasn't going to wear it with the belt, so I started another round of shots. Looking at the pictures, I felt the dress loose was more effortless and more my style. The belted version felt too cute. I don't really like cute, I like a little edge. But I'll like to know, which is more your style? Free or belted?

 







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Belted looks lovely