Sunday 10 April 2016

Alopecia isn't about confidence, sometimes the hair is just not fine :(



Last weekend I decided to have my hair in plaits because this heat is not smiling, and since I just took off a big hairstyle, I thought it will be a great idea to lie low. I have alopecia and I have had it for a long time now, since my childhood, my edges come and go- they improve, they get worse, I give up, I keep on.. It's been the story of my life. 
I decided to make a simple hairstyle regardless of my... deficiencies, I felt I had the confidence to wear the hairstyle. Unfotunately, I learnt two big lessons.

1) A good hair dresser knows how to manage hair flaws and keep it looking neat regardless, and knows to advice you against hairstyles that further damage your hairline



 
2) Sometimes even confidence and beauty can't help and ugly hairstyle. Period.

I attended evening mass sometime in the week and a good older friend of mine approached me smiling because I had changed my hairstyle. He said to me- I thank God you took off that hairstyle, very very ugly hair!!. Don't make that hairstyle again, it doesn't fit you. We both burst into laughter. 

My colleagues also hounded me, not subtly oh, that I should take it off because it wasn't flattering. Mom even admitted that she prayed I'd lose the hair soon. I have since taken out the braids in this picture and I will do more to be kind to my features and my edges.

Do you suffer from alopecia? what are your go-to hairstyles?

2 comments:

Dawan Ejomah said...

+Any hairstyle that covers the front right hand corner of my face is my go-to hairstyle. My alopecia is worse on the right side. Been that way since i was a baby, at least that's what my mom says. I can't even fix 'all-back'styles. Not even in my dream, lol.

Cindyrella said...

Yeah I run from all back hairstyles, it always makes the few hair on the edges run....
Mostly fringe, Centre part or side cut does it for me... Plus I have decided to go with crochet for my braids