Friday 29 April 2016

#Androgyny: How to look good in a tie and stay feminine



Fashion is just as versatile as life itself, it gets boring honestly, so switching things up and straying from the norm helps keep things interesting. Androgyny is one of my favorite trends, and growing up as an only girl, I was always in my brothers' closets, it was fun wearing their clothes and making them work for me.
Unless you're in secondary school and a tie is par of your uniform, ties are a menswear accessory, they are formal and could be worn to work and business functions. I attended the fashion business series hosted by style house files and when I wanted to choose my outfit, I thought 'business' and I remembered the tie my boss gave me.
There are a couple of ways you can wear a tie without looking like you want to transition. Here are some pointers for nailing an androgynous without looking too masculine.



Wear heels- It's my number one trick. Heels are the go-to accoutrement for any outfit that feels new, uncomfortable or plain. If you're trying an androgynous look for the first time, a pair of heels could boost your walk and your confidence.


Stray from the norm- I didn't do that much with this outfit honestly. You could style your tie with a pair of jeans or a pencil skirt, It mustn't be worn the way it's worn by the men. Create your style



Fit is key- Menswear pieces, especially when they're actually borrowed from the men can fit loosely or just be too big. Consider the fit and your body type. Fold sleeves of oversize shirts, fold the pants to give a better fit. Just make sure it doesn't overshadow you.



Have fun with it, and do you
Sorry I've been MIA, been down with malaria.
Will post more often from now on.

No comments: