Friday 10 June 2016

When are you officially too cool?


I struggle with thoughts that I still act like a kid, Lol. Do you ever want to do something fun and you decide against it because you have become too cool to do some things? I recently attended the Savvy chic hair hub salon day out in Oniru last Saturday, I competed in their "battle of the hairlistas" competition because I saw the pictures last year and I love to style hair so I figured, what the hell.


I signed up, got approved, attended the dress rehearsals, and competition day came. I forced a friend of mine to attend with me, because well, we needed an extra hand. Unfortunately, for the most part of the experience, she complained about how annoying it was and how she was only doing it for me and how we were so not supposed to do stuff like that. (I love you Belle). Long story short, we lost by one point but I had a lot of fun, so it was all good. However, I saw some old friends of mine and the looks I got were, "Babe you are too big for this" LOL. Honestly, I started to feel uncomfortable.


I have a job and I can say I have advanced in my career, but don't I get to do the things that I love regardless? Everyone is walking around these days with a stick up their asses and a pretentious air of importance, I just want to live and be myself and not be held back by what people think.


My verdict?
You are never officially too cool to do anything you are passionate about because of how people will perceive you. I refuse to be guided by the dictates of society. It's your life, make your own rules, do what makes you happy, smile at the Camera, you don't have to pout because it's what cool people do. Duh. Step down from your heels and don a pair of sneakers, it's never that serious. In all, be yourself, love yourself, never live to please anyone.

On my outfit
It's been raining hard lately so sweaters are coming in handy. If you want to wear a sweater to work and still try to maintain a corporate feel, wear a shirt in it. Pair up with pants, or a pencil skirt and a pair of heels or flats. Do sneakers like me if it's Friday.

Peace be with you!

No comments: