Monday 13 June 2016

What if I wore this outfit in the 80's?


My friends and I attended an Uncle's 50th birthday party on Sunday the 12th, and it had an 80's theme. I wished the theme was from a more relatable era, because when I looked up 80's party outfits, I wasn't very excited, they all looked very.... colourful, for lack of a better word.
This was my favorite on the internet, so I put in a bit of my personal style.



I went for an oversized sweater paired with yellow skirt and pink accouterments because the 80's was very colourful. Leggings and leg warmers were very much in vogue, but I had no love for them so I paired mine with a gold dusted panty hose. I had my hair in an afro with a scarf for oomph. Layered on jewellery and it was almost bordering on too-much-going-on. I later ditched the pink bag for a rose gold one which was more understated. And I boogied like I didn't have to go to work today.
So what do you say? Did I nail the 80's look?



 


Don't ask, won't tell. 
Have a great week ahead.





No comments: