Wednesday 19 August 2015

When you love the blouse but the time is not right




I bought this blouse 3 years ago in Onitsha main market for 300 Naira, their vintage clothes are to die for. At the time, whenever I put it on, it never felt right, but I refused to discard it. Mom has tried and tried to get rid of it but I knew it could be styled better and could look really good when I wore it, but It just wasn't ever the right time. 



On this day, I decided to take baby steps. You see, when you have an outfit you are unsure of, take baby steps to style it. I took the easy route and styled it with a black skirt and my favourite pair of heels; I love them because they are super comfortable. The bow on the blouse could be worn in front of at the back, I chose to wear it behind because I love back details.



It's a little cropped but thankfully not too short, and they can be worn with pants, skirts, or shorts, I'll like to explore the many possibilities of this blouse now. I love the details on it. I love love love!
But like I said, do you have something you haven't worn in a while because you were unsure? Match it up with black or simple colours and wear heels for added oomph.




It's coco Chanel's birthday today, and her history truly inspires me, will put up a post on her tomorrow. Good night.



No comments: