Wednesday 6 July 2016

Shopping on a budget- How to know when to exceed your budget




I am allergic to the word budgets, but they are a necessary evil. I had a wedding to attend last month, and my mom kept saying no to all the dresses I brought for screening and I figured I'd get a new one. We went to Debra's grace, opposite Panti police station. You would know Debra's grace on Instagram for their dope affordable wears. It was the end of the month, so I didn't have a large budget, I saw some really nice 6k dresses so that's where I pinned my budget. Long story short, I ended up buying this awesome dress for 15k and I never looked back.



When do you know to exceed your budget?

* When you have support from a second party. Like I had my mom pay up the difference for me. 



* When the dress is a good investment. Here we are talking about quality. Will the fabric stand the test of time? Is the color manageable? Does the color leak? how long do you foresee wearing before you probably put on weight, and pass on to the next generation. lol 


* Let's talk about functionality? How re-wearable is the dress? Will you be able to wear it after that fashion season? How many functions can it serve you? Work? church? party? all the above? Buy the dress!



When will you surpass your budget for a dress?

No comments: