Friday 20 February 2015

I like it, but I can't wear it



Holla friends! Lol.. I have been terribly busy these past couple of weeks, so I thought to take a break and not think of anything. I am so sorry. 

Today's topic is a statement I have heard people say over and over again, and it resounded in my head the moment I set eyes on my cut out booties. I have looked for them all over the place and I luckily got this at a steal, from a thrift store close to home. First I wondered, will people like them? Are they too unusual and people won't accept them? How do I pair it up to keep it minimal and not have people stare at my feet? Then I brushed off all negative thoughts and worries and decided that I'll pair it up with  this refashioned vintage dress (you should have seen the dress before) and my trusty sling-back -structured bag and I practically skipped out of the house feeling quirky and a little unsure to be honest. But then again, what makes a dress is the Wearer, thus I walked around, heads held high, and with my turn-down-for-what attitude, I sailed through the day in high spirits, and yes I got the; I-like-it-but-I-can't-wear-it line from a lot of people. Lol, conforming has never been my strong suit so yeah!!

The point is wear what makes you confident and comfy. If they refuse to be different. Then dare to stand out. If we get it right, that's great. If not? You've learned something new. It's a win win!














Stay fab, keep it classy.... Xxxx






No comments: